Affordable 3D printing - democratizing 3D printing for everyone!
As of April 2013 the RapMan and 3D Touch printers have been discontinued. The Bits from Bytes website and support etc have merged with 3D Systems. Legacy resources (software, firmware and documentation) can be accessed here Cubify
- History of the RepRap project
- What is a RapMan 3D printer kit?
- Rapman 3D printers in the Media
- Community Portal - All the news on developments in the world of RapMan 3D printer kits
- RapMan Pro
- BfB 3D 3000
- v3.0 Build Manual User submitted updates
- v3.1 Build Manual User submitted updates
- Rapman v3.1 building and getting started overview A subjective user story
- V3.1 Extruder Manual User submitted updates
- Hot End Manual User submitted notes
- Quick Guide Into RapMan print
- Operation Manual Essential reading for Rapman V3.1
- User Submitted Notes on the Operation Manual additional notes (RapMan)
- BfB3000 Operation Manual
- User Submitted Notes on the BfB3000 Operation Manual additional notes (BfB3000)
- Setting up the Cartesian Robot
- Setting up the Extruder
- Rapman Electronics and Software
- Common print faults
- Essential Software
- Essential Hardware
- Health & Safety
- Power consumption
- Cartesian Robot Build
- Extruder Build
- Build Documents and Videos
- User-submitted notes on the Manual (v3.0)
- MK2 extruder (first version of the extruder, not used on v3)
- Spare parts (Tested STL's that you can use to print replacement parts)
- Terminology explanations and translations of some of the specialist words
- Building Hints and Tips other information not covered in the build manuals
- Bogdan's mods
- Milling-modification by Marcus Wolschon
- A heated build-platform is a good idea for large ABS-objects without warping
- Also some of the Spare parts work better then the originals.
- Firmware Versions
- Firmware on the forum
- supported G-codes
- Skeinforge This page gives detailed information on the settings within skeinforge.
- BfB Axon This page gives information about BfB Axon, a user friendly front end for skeinforge with tried and tested settings for RapMan and BfB 3000 printers.
- CAD Software This page links to information about compatible CAD software packages.
(also includes post processing software for editing and fixing 3D triangular meshes)
Things to Make
- Dave White's (unofficial) 3D printing in education [ http://3dprintineducation.wordpress.com/ 3Dprintin education Blog] has moved
- Dave White's 3D print teaching and learning resources and projects [ http://3dprintresources.wordpress.com/ 3dprint resources]
Tools and Components - Suppliers
Bits from bytes
April 2013.... The Bits from Bytes website has merged with 3D Systems. The Rapman and 3D Touch printers have been discontinued. Legacy support (software, firmware, documentation) can be found here legacy resources
- what is open source? A Knol write up.